research paper 1704
Name of the Assigned Social Media Influencer (SMI): Tyler Blevins
Handle Associated with the Social Media Influencer (SMI): ninja
Your Task: You will be writing a 3-4 page academic research paper that examines how the key qualities identified by the assigned article(s) are evident in the social media influencer you are assigned. The links to these scholarly articles can be found below. These articles are from the FDU online library and can be accessed via the library shortcut on the FDU website.
â€œWho Are the Social Media Influencers? A Study of Public Perceptions of Personalityâ€ by K. Freberg, K. Graham, K. McGaughey, & L. A. Freberg (2011).
â€œA Literature Review of Word of Mouth and Electronic Word of Mouth: Implications for Consumer Behaviorâ€ by N. Huete-Alcocer (2017).
The evidence to support your claim of how your assigned social media influencer exhibits the qualities identified by the assigned articles must be gleaned from credible and scholarly sources. Credible sources may include online interviews, videos, Instagram and Twitter.
You should create a research paper that answers the following questions:
What are the significant qualities that are exhibited by your assigned social media influencer (SMI)? How does the SMIâ€™s platform shape follower experiences, specifically in terms of e-word of mouth (eWOM)?
In your research, you should consider the following questions:
1. Are any of the qualities below evident in the SMI?
2. To what extent are the following e-word of mouth properties evident in the social media platform (for example, on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TED, etc) that the SMI uses?
â€¢ Diffusion speed
3. What other personality qualities are evident in the SMI?
4. What language does the influencer use which may enhance a connection to their followers?
5. What conclusion can be drawn from analyzing the social media influencer using the assigned articles as a starting point as well as the other resources used for this paper?
All of these questions will help guide your research to specifically discuss your assigned social media influencer.
You will be writing a draft and final version of your research paper. After completion of your final version of the paper, you will create an individual oral presentation on your findings.
Draft Requirements/Pre-Writing Stage
Complete the following tasks:
Step 1: Sources
a. Read the two assigned scholarly articles.
b. Find two credible sources on your assigned SMI (such as interviews, videos, or other media publications).
c. Find two additional scholarly peer-reviewed sources on general aspects of social media influencers and eWOM.
d. Create annotated bibliographies on your additional scholarly sources (found in section â€œcâ€ above). An annotated bibliography is a document that cites your scholarly sources in APA format and gives a brief one-paragraph summary about each individual source and how it supports your paper. A sample of an APA annotated bibliography can be found at: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/03/.
Step 2: Working thesis statement
Your working thesis statement will identify the overall argument behind your research, which must include ideas about the direction your paper will follow. In formulating the working thesis, answer the research questions.
Step 3: Rough Outline
Prepare a one-page rough outline that will include working thesis statement, answers to numbered research questions from assignment page, and other ideas that support your thesis. In the outline, include your sources and their connection to the topic and ideas.
Step 4: Reference Page
Prepare a Reference Page in APA format, including all sources cited in your outline.
Requirements for Final Paper
Your Final paper must be formatted as follows:
1. 3-4 pages (body), typed in double-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, with 1â€ margins on all sides of the page. Flush left margins (do not justify the right margin). Insert page numbers on the upper right-hand corner of the page.
2. A cover page which includes a Running head at the top left corner of the page and your name, your professorâ€™s name, course catalog number, semester, assignment name and due date in the middle of the page.
3. The body of the final research paper should include an introduction with the thesis statement, a discussion section that responds to all the questions listed in the assignment as well as other ideas relevant to the topic, and a conclusion that summarizes the key concepts.
4. Proofread and revise work before submission. You can receive feedback on your paper at the Metro Writing Studio (MWS) or the Academic Resource Center (ARC) at the Metropolitan Campus and at the Academic Support Center (ASC) at the Florham Campus. Bring the assignment instructions with you when getting tutoring support.
5. Use 6th edition APA format for in-text citations and the reference page at the end of the paper for all sources that you have used. Use direct and indirect quotes appropriately.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!