Find a company, designer, or researcher who has developed a new product, material, or process that improves upon existing ones. This could pertain to replacing a toxic chemical in a product or material, improving a production process to reduce waste, or using a renewable or biobased material in a product. Somehow this should relate either to improving human health in the built environment, or reducing a negative environmental impact.
- How does this innovation improve human health or reduce environmental impact?
- What are the negative impacts of the original way of doing things?
- How is this product or material used or applied?
- Could this type of innovation be applied to other materials, products, or processes?
Assignment format: 5 + 5
- Approximately 5 images
- Approximately 5 short paragraphs
- Combine writing and images in a visually compelling way. The images should help support whatever it is you are writing about
- Images can be photographs, drawings, sketches, illustrations, renderings, diagrams, any sort of visual component to aid your story.
- Save and submit as a reduced file size PDF.
Please select one consistent method of citing your sources (APA, MLA, Chicago).
Assignments that consist solely of text directly copied and pasted from other sources without citation will receive a zero. Plagiarism is a violation of university policy. It is very important, even if English is not your first language, that assignments be in your own words and express your own perspective on the topics. You will not be graded on spelling and grammar, but on the ideas you discuss, and if they address the objective of the assignment.