Over the next several weeks, you will be developing an analysis of a debatable claim. You will select a TED Talk that presents a persuasive argument on a debatable issue. Be sure to record the title, speaker information, and URL for your selected TED Talk.
In a two- to three-page summary, address the following questions.
- What is the topic of the TED Talk?
- What is the angle or argument that the speaker presents?
- What is the purpose of TED Talk? What does the speaker want the audience to do with the information they are presented with?
- Rhetorical Situations
- Who is the target audience for the TED Talk? Why does this matter?
- What is the context of the TED Talk? What historical or current event information does the audience need to understand the argument?
- What rhetorical appeals (reason, emotion, credibility) does the speaker use to help strengthen the argument?
- What types of evidence are used?
- Does the evidence seem credible? Why or why not?
- What additional information do you want to know about the topic?
- How does the speaker introduce the topic? Is it compelling?
- How does the speaker conclude the talk? What methods does the speaker use to finalize the talk?
This assignment is due at the end of Week 4.