â€œWhat style of handling conflict do you typically use? Can you think of instances where a different style might have been more productive?â€
The following requirements must be met to ensure full credit for discussions:
- Begin contributing to the discussions no later than midnight of the first Saturday after a Lesson opens.
- Your original post should be a minimum of 200 words and based on your own unique composition.
- Read and respond in no fewer than 50 words to at least two of your classmate’s posts.
- Include examples in your discussion.
- Adhere to APA standards and use APA guidelines to cite references.
- Correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation are expected.
Pancreatic cancer is one of most deadly types of cancer because it is diagnosed at a very late stage. Watch the video below.
Watch Video A promising test for pancreatic cancer … from a teenager | Jack Andraka
User: n/a – Added: 7/11/13
YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ycQufrgK4
Question: Research and describe the incidence and prevalence rates of people with pancreatic cancer in the United States. Compare the effectiveness of the current technique for diagnosing pancreatic cancer to the technique described in the video. Describe how this new technique diagnoses pancreatic cancer. Would this new technique make for a good screening test for pancreatic cancer (include reliability, validity, sensitivity, and specificity, cost, non-invasive)?
Answer the following questions:
- Define the following groups of terms:
- Primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention
- Prepathogenesis and pathogenesis
- How does screening for disease align with the three levels of prevention â€“ primary, secondary and tertiary?
- Define the following terms that are related to screening tests:
- Reliability and validity
- Sensitivity and Specificity
- Predictive value (+) and predictive value (-)
- What are the most appropriate applications of mass screening and selective screening? Give one example each of a mass screening test and a selective screening test.
- How could screening performed in conjunction with disease surveillance contribute to the alleviation of work-related hazardous exposures?
- What is meant by overdiagnosis?
- Conduct a web search for â€œwhole body scansâ€. They are CT scans of the entire body and are promoted as a method for early detection of abnormalities. Using your own ideas, construct a list of the advantages and disadvantages of whole body scans and reach a conclusion. To what extent are whole body scans related to the issue of overdiagnosis?
- Why is newborn screening important for public health practice? Give examples of programs for newborn screening.
- What is a method used for developmental screening? At what ages is developmental screening most relevant?
- Calculate the specificity, sensitivity, predictive value (+), and predictive value (-) using the following data:
|Disease Present||Disease Absent|
|Screening Test (+)||59||12|
|Screening Test (-)||18||189|
11. Describe methods of screening for each of the following conditions:
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Elevated lipid levels
- Genetic screening (BRCA gene)
question 4Describe the role information plays in enterprise resource planning systems.The following requirements must be met to ensure full credit for this discussion:
- Your original post should be at least 200 words.
- Apa reference
question 5 Read Case #12 – “Five Famous ERP Failures” then answer the following questions:
- How do you think cloud computing will help ERP implementations find success?
- How can integrating SCM, CRM, and ERP help improve business operations at your place of work or school?
Your submission should be a Word document of at least 400 words, with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation, including APA formatted references and in-text citations. All case studies are found on google