Select a local government within Texas to analyze. You may select either an urban, suburban, or rural government to review.
Prepare a 10- to 12-slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation addressing the following:
- Describe which area you chose: urban, suburban, or rural. Briefly describe the area’s demographics and characteristics.
- Describe the local form of government and identify the major elected officials of your selected area.
- Identify the major public policy issues, current events, and challenges this government faces and analyze one in depth.
- Discuss how the state government is addressing the issue you selected.
- Provide at least two potential, realistic solutions to the public policy issues, current events, and challenges this government faces.
Include speaker notes to provide more in-depth information.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
- For Local Campus students, these are 10- to 15-minute oral presentations accompanied by MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentations with notes.
Submit your assignment.