Creating a Professional Development Plan
A professional development plan is used to help plan a career, guide development, and assess progress toward your career goals. We all set goals for our vacations, weekends, or dayâ€”why not make a plan for your career? Five steps to achieving your plan are:
- Define your goals.
- Set a deadline to achieve your goals.
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop new skills as they are needed.
- Get support from family and friends.
These steps will help you move into the human services career you seek, become the worker you want to be, or prepare to lead an organization. No matter which part of the human services field you occupy, it is important to continue developing as a human services leader. Ideally, Capella would like to see you develop within the framework of a scholar-practitioner model, where scholarship is continually highlighted, and gaps between theory and practice remain. Engaging in ongoing professional development will strengthen you as a human services professional and help to advance the field as a whole.
Comprehensive Analysis of Case Study
In this assignment, you will compile your previous assignments, which you will revise to incorporate new insights as well as feedback from your instructor. In addition, you will assess your strengths and weaknesses as a human services leader based on your course readings. Finally, you will create a professional development plan for yourself. Prior to doing so, review the course project description to ensure that you meet each requirement. Refer to the helpful Campus links in Resources as needed.
- Font: Use 12-point Times or Times New Roman, double-spaced type.
- Writing: Writing should be clear, organized, and free of errors; it should also follow professional standards.
- Research: Use at least 10 academic and professional sources to support your work.
- Length: Your paper should be approximately 10 pages, not including cover or reference pages.
- Format: Follow all current edition APA style and format requirements.