https://uk.essaywriters4life.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/output-onlinepngtools-6-1-300x59.png 0 0 admin https://uk.essaywriters4life.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/output-onlinepngtools-6-1-300x59.png admin2020-10-02 11:54:322020-10-02 11:54:32rgst paper on jesus and politics and jesus and other religions
1. Jesus and Politics.
- Describe Jesusâ€™ Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5-7 and the problems of interpretation that it raises.
- Describe Lutherâ€™s two kingdoms theory as an interpretation of the Sermon on the Mount, and its political significance.
- Contrast Lutherâ€™s interpretation to the â€œnon-violent non-cooperationâ€ approach in Martin Luther Kingâ€™s writings. What difference does it make?
- Were Jesusâ€™ message and actions political? In what way?
- See Pelikan, ch. 14, ch. 17; lecture notes; and the excerpts from Martin Luther King on the website.
- 2. Jesus and Other Religions.
- Compare and contrast Gandhiâ€™s approach to the figure of Jesus to some of the Hindu figures mentioned in Prothero, chap. 8. What are the similarities and differences?
- Then compare Gandhiâ€™s approach with the figure of Jesus as presented in the book by Thich Nhat Hanh. What are the similiarities and differences?
- How and why do the Indian and Buddhist approaches add to our understanding of Jesus as a historical figure, and as a figure of religious devotion? Should these perspectives be important to people within the Christian tradition: why or why not, and how?
- See Gandhi, What Jesus Means to Me; Prothero, ch. 8; lecture notes; Living Buddha, LIving Christ.