Choose ONE of the following to answer on this Discussion Board:
A: Do you believe animals have rights and do you believe people have an obligation to protect those rights?
If you believe animals have rights, what are these rights? If you do not believe animals have rights, are there reasons people should protect them from abuse? Explain your position using ethical reasoning and/or theory.
B: Consider the practice of factory farming. What are some of the economic, environmental, and ethical issues related to the modern system of meat production? Should the government increase regulation of factory farming for the benefit of animals?
In addition to your posted answer, be sure to comment on at least two of your classmatesâ€™ post and participate regularly. Responses to others can come in many forms and can include the following:
- Responses to the ideas or details of someone else’s responses.
- Application of a concept from the reading to life or to the questions you’re asked to answer.
- Assistance for a peer in understanding a concept from the reading.
- Sharing a story from work or your community that illustrates the reading.
- Asking questions on points you need help understanding.
- An explanation of why you answered a question in a specific way.
- Pointing out how different answers took the question in different directions/noting a pattern/suggesting an explanation.
- Developing theories to explain patterns you see in the reading.
- Summarizing aspects of the assigned reading and asking for help from your peers in figuring out how you would apply this concept in a real world situation.