Critical Thinking Case Study: Wal-Martâ€™s Global Strategies
In Chapters 8 and 9, we reviewed several types of global expansion strategies a company can undertake when entering new markets. For this assignment, you will read Walmartâ€™s Global Strategies case study and then respond to the following questions and make decisions based on those questions.
- What was Walmartâ€™s early global expansion strategy? Was this a good strategy for Walmart? Why or why not?
- What cultural problems did Walmart face in some of the international markets it entered?
Now, assume the role as the Director of Walmartâ€™s global strategic planning team and you have been tasked to explore the benefits and challenges of expansion into one of the following regions. Choose one of the following regions and describe the opportunities and challenges in that region. Summarize the cultural environment, choose an entry strategy from the text, and describe how you would implement this entry strategy. Make sure you are very detailed in your explanation.
- Latin America
- European Union
- Southeast Asia
- Middle East
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 5-6 pages in length, which does not include the title page, abstract, or required reference page, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.